Day 184

Day 184
I awoke at 5:15 a.m. I was in a tree. Someone walked by on the sidewalk down below. He must have been on his way to work. He didn’t even notice me!

I broke camp and shimmied down with my gear. I repacked the buggy and got moving. It was well before sunrise.


It was a cloudy day and I missed the sunrise. I found a Wienershnitzel restaurant and grabbed a quick breakfast. I kept moving.

Just before 10:00 a.m., I decided to break early for a siesta. I found a park and set up my hammock.

Time passed. I slept on and off.

Around 3:00 p.m., I was back on the sidewalk.

I kept moving. Into a little recreation area. I followed a pathway up into the hills:

Covina Hills

I watched the sun set, and made my descent back down out of the hills. 

And then, back to the sidewalk-street.


I met Scott! He was sitting on the sidewalk. Scott had just gotten in a fight with his friend, and apologized to me for making a scene. I guess his friend threw a soda at him. I gave him some baby wipes to clean up. And then he offered me a pair of jeans, I accepted! I asked him if he was hungry, he was! He actually needed to get his blood sugar up. 

Scott has been struggling with a few things, but was really looking forward to the future. That last part made me happy. We headed to a 7-11 and bought a couple slices of pizza, some cookies, and two Arnold Palmer Iced Teas! We sat outside for a bit and chatted. He was really nice, and it was a good time. I gave Scott some money and a few other things I had. We parted ways.

I headed into downtown Covina. It was a nice place! 

My phone had died, so I asked the staff at a pizza shop if I could charge it on their patio. They let me!
After a quick break and decent charge to get me through the night, I hit sidewalk.

I kept pushing through the night. There was a Wildlife Sanctuary I was hoping to camp 15 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. Unfortunately, when I got there, it was all fenced off. There was a break in the fence, but I knew other people were camped out in there. I kept moving.

Not too far. At 1:45 a.m., I found a recreation park down the street. There weren’t many places to stealth camp. So I climbed another tree! I set up my hammock and hung my water bottle and back pack in the branches. I broke down the buggy and left it on the lawn about 50 yards away. I was hoping no one would stumble upon it before sunrise.
No one did! Every now and then I heard someone wandering down the road past the park. I slept pretty good!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s